Get me outta here!

8.13.2019

Anti-inflammatory Foods



It's been well documented that I struggle with joint issues so I try to eat as much alkaline forming foods as I can, fill my plate with anti-inflammatory foods and steer clear of the archenemies (sugar, shade veggies, processed foods, etc). I can't say this will work for everyone, but it definitely helps me. Some of the foods listed above will be easy to incorporate into your diet, but some you may have never tried. Turmeric, for example, was something I'd never used before. Now I buy the root in a regular foods store (organic is best), and put about an inch in my vitamix drinks. You can also buy it ground up as a spice. I use flaxseed in my granola recipe, and also use flax oil in my green drinks (you don't even taste it). Let me know if there's anything else on this list that you're stumped on.
A quick breakdown of these foods and why they're great to help inflammation:  
Flaxseed: Has omega-3 fatty acid which helps inflammation.
Green tea: Contains anti-inflammatory polyphenols.  
Turmeric: High anti-inflammatory properties due to its curcumin content. 
Cantaloupe: Has anti-inflammatory phytonutrients. 
Avocado and walnuts: Contain anti-inflammatory fatty acids. 
Lemon: Has anti-oxident and anti-inflammatory vitamin C.
Berries and Cherries: Contain anti-inflammatory phytochemicals. 
Pineapple: High in anti-inflammatory bromelain. 
Kale: Has 45 anti-oxident and anti-inflammatory flavonoids. 
Garlic: Has high anti-inflammatory sulfer-containing compounds.  
Broccoli: Contains anti-inflammatory and anti-oxident phytonutrients. 


Thank you readers for your interest in the article. Please like and comment so we have more motivation to write articles

0 Comment:

Post a Comment